Friday, June 13, 2008

The Curse of the Ragu


Of course it's pasta for dinner the other night. As I'm walking out of the A&P to the car the plastic handle snaps as the Ragu crashes to the parking lot cement. Did the glass break? Did the glass crack & get in my sauce? Upon careful inspection...no evidence of either.

A short time later....

The jar and other assorted items are sitting quietly on the kitchen table until....the friggin' Ragu jumps off the table...falling in slow motion...towards my bare foot...and HOLY CRAP (among some other expletives) my head starts spinning, the stars start falling... A direct hit 3 feet off the ground on my little toe!! I grab the ice pack out of the freezer & as much as my conscious mind can think, it's got to be broken...how will I run? How will I walk? My race less than 2 weeks away...

Three days later now I can walk without a limp and it's time to attempt a run...a run on the North County Trailway, late in the afternoon on the shaded paved trail....I feel great after 49 minutes....

No comments:


July 22, 2007

April 17, 2005

October 24, 2004

Miami Marathon-February 1, 2004

May 2, 2004

Flying Pig Marathon-May 4, 2003

New York City Marathon-November 2, 2003

Hartford Marathon-October 12, 2002

New York City Marathon-November 5, 2000

Long Island Marathon-May 7, 2000